Wednesday 20 February 2013

Scavenging...my middle name!

When you think of interior decorating, do you instantly picture a hefty price tag and expensive designer furniture? Well change your way of thinking immediately!

In the last twelve months I have had to furnish my entire apartment on a very little budget and while some big ticket items can't be avoided there are some areas where it is possible to skimp.

For me it's about mixing key store bought pieces with the softness and beauty of nature. I'm at the point now where I don't feel satisfied after a walk or swim if I haven't found something beautiful to take home and display.

A simple piece of drift wood on the mantle, a collection of shells in a bowl, fallen flowers on a coffee table book - all very effective and all free! Frame them if you think they will keep and hang it on your wall - easy!

Here are some of my recent finds...







1 comment: