Tuesday 19 February 2013

Welcome!


Well...this is quite exciting - my very first blog post!! 

I suppose I should introduce myself, My name is Emma and I am an interior, food and event stylist living and working in Perth Western Australia. Although I have lived here for a year now I still feel like a tourist in this city and there seems to be so much to explore and discover in this beautiful place. The landscape has been such a great inspiration to me here as it differs so greatly to the beaches and bushland of Sydney amongst which I grew. The sand is creamy white and the shrubbery lining the coast is a beautiful washed out silvery-grey. Oh, and the water! Crystal clear and turquoise. The soil inland is a rich red and the wildflowers in spring absolutely take my breath away. 

Ever since I was young I have wanted to 'style' things. Whether I knew what it meant as a child or not...the passion was there. To 'beautify' the world. That's what I wanted to do. Just make the everyday drab rooms, objects, streets, gardens come to life and look the way I knew they could. Seeing the potential in things but never quite knowing what to do about it...that was my inner dilemma with each wind battered home or tattered sofa which caught my eye. 

Now I feel like I have finally reached the point where I know what to do and here you will see the saga unfurl as I work my way from one project to the next. Sprucing, refurbing, decorating, crafting and styling my way through Perth. 

Can't wait to share this journey with you all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment